LEARN ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Request access to the free introductory module of the program to learn more about how recovery is possible and what is involved with the ANS REWIRE program.
When you give consent to receive emails by subscribing, we'll send you 4 emails with the lessons and a fifth email with some additional information. After that, we'll keep you updated with an occasional email about the program. You can unsubscribe at any time, here is a link to the ANS REWIRE Privacy Notice.
GET ALL THE ANSWERS YOU NEED:
Hopefully you will comfortable with the explanation and details provided in the introductory video series. But before you proceed with enrolment, please ensure that you are fully comfortable. So if you need to,
ENROL IN THE ANS REWIRE PROGRAM:
You can browse to see exactly what is included in the program below.
Once you have made a commitment to complete the program and implement the exercises and techniques for a full 6 months, enrol in the program here:
Recovery Program Description & Details:
Program Content Introduction:
Often, people that have tried many approaches for recovery from ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia with partial or little success, are interested to understand the specific tools and techniques in the program before they enrol.
It is important however, to understand that recovery is NOT about any ONE specific tool or technique, but rather about a comprehensive approach tailored to your personal needs.
In order for you to tailor your personal recovery action plan using the tools, techniques, strategies and additional treatments discussed, it is key that you gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics of the illness. And it is this understanding that is the central value and power of the ANS REWIRE recovery program for ME/CFS/FMS, and the reason why education and understanding are so heavily featured.
In other words, it is about understanding the answer to this question:
“Why have others recovered with XYZ strategy (some specific physical treatment, therapy, brain training or even graded exercise regimen), whilst others have not had success with the same approach?”
Understanding answers to such questions will help you to answer the most important questions including:
“What do I need to do to recover?”
and perhaps most importantly:
“Why haven't I recovered so far?”
Hence the program is based on the fact that:
We know that what allows one person to recover from ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia, often won’t work for the next person!
Despite a common root dysfunction, symptoms and bodily dysfunctions vary, as does the severity of the illness.
So whilst all people share common challenges and dysfunctions, that often require a common approach, we recognise that everyone still has some different needs. This is why there is no single effective fix-all treatment for ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia that works for everyone, no easy cure. For example, a person experiencing severe pain has different challenges to a person experiencing MCS. And in turn, a bedridden person may need different additional treatment needs to somebody that is more mobile.
So the program is more than a collection of strategies or a “protocol” for recovery, it is about you using the education, information, tools, strategies and training to tailor your PERSONAL ACTION PLAN for recovery. It is about guiding you to explore answers to the above questions and to seek additional help from health care professionals where needed as part of your holistic recovery action plan, to tip your nervous system back into normal functioning.
The program consists of five categories including:
Think of the program as having somebody in your life each day, to guide you and help you plan your recovery, somebody who understands what you are going through and who can motivate you to do what you need to do. This is why the lessons are delivered one day at a time, so that you can build on your knowledge and give yourself time to take the action you need to recover.
The first 2 weeks of the program focuses largely on understanding the mechanism and dynamics of the illness, which we believe is the key for long-term success. This forms the foundation for the techniques and strategies that you will learn later in the program..
Here we address the 4 key physical triggers of the illness. This category is made up of specific education and strategies to reduce these triggers to help you create a healing environment and start your journey towards recovery. This includes:
- specific dietary changes
- lifestyle changes;
- specific physical activity strategies.
The lessons are strongly focussed on understanding the reasons behind the differences in people’s experiences. For example, it addresses the conundrum of many people experiencing a significant worsening of their condition with increased exercise, whilst others benefit from it. This understanding and the distinctions are then available to allow you to avoid the pitfalls, and to start using physical exercise for improved function and recovery.
- education on brain plasticity in the context of ME/CFS/FMS;
- education on relevant scientific research on meditation and pain perception;
- instruction on meditation;
- instruction on specific mind/body strategies for ME/CFS/FMS recovery;
- instruction on specific body/mind strategies for ME/CFS/FMS recovery;
- instruction on the REWIRE technique as applied to:
- physical expression triggers of ANS dysfunction;
- conscious psychological triggers of ANS dysfunction;
- subconscious psychological triggers of ANS dysfunction.
- specific relaxation training for ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia;
- specific mental exercises and cognitive strategies to normalise pain perception and re-contextualise our experience with MCS.
- disturbed cellular metabolism;
- hormonal and neurotransmitter support; AND
- detoxification support.
- Understand what is going on;
- Learn what you need to do and how to do it; AND
- Take the daily action steps to move you forward.
Daily Action Steps:The daily action steps that are part of the program, vary depending on the topic of the lesson. Some examples of simple steps are:
- Assessing current symptoms and your function;
- Setting recovery targets;
- Exploring your experience with the illness by considering certain aspects such as the lead up to your initial onset, your current symptoms or your current circumstances;
- Exploring specific treatment options.
- Specific brain training exercises;
- Lifestyle and dietary changes;
- Other physical strategies specific to your recovery.
The program is available online with the delivery of one lesson per day over a period of around 6 weeks. This ensures that you can complete the daily action tasks and build up your understanding before commencing specific strategies and brain training for your recovery!
- Over 40 lessons that teach you the techniques & guide you in your recovery journey;
- Specific training on the 4 pillars of energy restoration;
- Specific training on the 3 elements of pain desensitisation;
- Training to address the 4 main physical triggers of the ANS dysfunction;
- Range of options to tailor the REWIRE technique to your needs and preferences;
- Personal login with a minimum access of 2 years;
This includes 3 components:
Mindfulness Meditation Course
- Mindfulness meditation instruction tracks;
- Mindfulness meditation practice tracks including 20 minute guided track with brainwave entrainment technology;
- Mindfulness meditation practice tracks including 20, 40 and 60 minute guided meditation tracks with music and voice only options.
Utilises Brainwave Entrainment Technology!
Pain Desensitisation Exercises
- 2 guided brain training sessions to complement the online training on the 3 components of pain sensitisation;
- includes one additional version with brainwave entrainment technology.
Utilises Brainwave Entrainment Technology!
- 2 variations of a guided relaxation for sleep that also trains you on how to evoke the relaxation response and is specifically tailored to ME/CFS/POTS/Fibromyalgia;
- includes both options with brainwave entrainment music and ordinary relaxation music.
Utilises Brainwave Entrainment Technology!
What is Brainwave Entrainment Technology?
Brainwave Entrainment Music uses an audio technology known as binaural beats as well as isochronic tones, monaural beats and amplitude modulation. These assist in bringing about desirable changes in brainwave activity to encourage states of relaxation, deep meditation or sleep.(1)(2)(3)
The Cons List
- The program includes lifestyle and diet changes and will require a little adjustment during the recovery period;
- The program will require some ongoing efforts from you. Little happens from watching a video only;
- The program will require 6 months of commitment;
- The program requires a good quality internet connection;
- The program requires a little patience because the lessons are not all available immediately, as they become accessible over a period of about 6 weeks;
The Pros List
- The program is staggered to ensure you take daily steps towards recovery;
- The program has a strong foundation of understanding before launching into the techniques and strategies to ensure you follow through;
- You can complete the program in the comfort of your own home;
- You can slow down and complete the program at your own pace;
- Because it’s an online program, you get access to any additional on-line resources that are added to the program in the future;
(1) James D Lane, Stefan J Kasian, Justine E Owens, Gail R Marsh – “Binaural Auditory Beats Affect Vigilance Performance and Mood” Physiology & Bahviour, January 1998 Volume 63 Issue 2 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031938497004368
(2) Dale Foster – “EEG and Subjective Correlates of Alpha Frequency Binaural Beat Stimulation Combined with Alpha Biofeedback” http://www.stealthskater.com/Documents/Lucid_07.pdf
(3) R Padmanabhan, A J Hildreth, D Laws – “A prospective, randomised, controlled study examining binaural beat audio and pre-operative anxiety in patients undergoing general anaesthesia for day case surgery” Anaesthesia, 2005 60 pages 874 -877 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2044.2005.04287.x/pdf